Clans of the Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Allegiances
Site Announcments
Welcome to Clans of the Sky! We have officially reopened! Be sure if you are an older member to state this in your bio, all current members we advise you to finish putting up your character bio's so it doesn't cause confusion to our new members. Roleplay is in full bloom! New member's if your confused about anything be sure to shoot one of the staff members a pm! We welcome you and hope you enjoy your stay! Last Updated: October 8th, 2016
Weather
The day's are getting short and morning's have more of a bite to them which means Leaf-fall is here and soon Leaf-bare! Hurry up medicine cats! Make sure you stock up on herbs and plants for leaf-bare, wouldn't want to have a green-cough breakout, now would we?
Latest topics
» The brittle breeze of the cliff.
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 am by Little

» glitched.
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 1:50 am by Guest

» Follow In My Paw Steps
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm by Masquerade

» Town of Glass and Ice
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 am by Guest

» Origin
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 12:17 pm by Guest

» Goldenheart from Owlclan.
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 3:03 pm by Baxter

Affiliating
Static Sites
angels&thieves

Sister Sites

Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Valérie
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Valérie

Freshkill : 7105

Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" Empty
PostSubject: Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"   Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 11:16 pm

Since Masqu did this, I decided to follow suit, since I'm sure everyone should know some things about this site's staff. c: Sooo, here's some (not rlly tbh there's a lot) stuff about me~!

Some Basics:

My name is Kaitlin, though I prefer to go by Kat. I currently live in Iowa, and I'm 15 years old, though I'll be 16 in May. Like Masqu, due to the many, MANY ways to spell my name, no one ever spells it right on their first try. In fact, many of my teachers still can't spell it. Nor can they pronounce or spell my last name (and even my middle name), as it's pretty weird, considering it's Norwegian. I come from a very Scandinavian background; my great-grandparents come from Norway and Sweden, and I even have some Finnish blood. To add to the Scandinavian theme, I come from a town known for its Norwegian culture and, well, themes, as it even celebrates its Nordic culture in a festival every year. However, I ended up moving, and I dearly miss it, though I go there regularly to visit my family... and, of course, attend the festival. C:

Appearance:

Welp, I guess I'll also describe my appearance. My most notable feature is my height - or lack of. I'm only 4'11", yet I'm a freshman. It's rather unfortunate, as I often get teased because of it (in a friendly way, of course). Secondly, I'm somewhat tan, despite my Scandinavian descent. Thankfully, my mom believes she's half Italian (she was adopted, so she doesn't know for sure), and I ended up inheriting her skin tone. I mostly took after my mom, though I got my dad's greenish-brown eyes, brown, thick, wavy, and unfortunately frizzy hair... and also his dimples (tbh I could totes cosplay for the original book Hermione). I also have absolutely terrible distance sight, so I have to wear glasses. They suck.

Personality:

Personality wise, you might notice that I'm rather loud, obnoxious, and annoying. I'm very passionate, and so I have the tendency to talk quite loudly and quickly. Not to mention, I'm rather nosy. I also have a rather crude, sassy, and sarcastic sense of humor, however, which actually surprises some people. Around people I don't know too well, I'm rather quiet, strict, and, often times, polite... though I can be blunt and sassy on occasion. I actually have social anxiety, so I'm not comfortable being myself around most people. Once I'm comfortable around 'em, then I start being my sarcastic and obnoxious self.
Here, have a Tumblr post that pretty much is me af:
Due to my sarcasm, however, I may end up saying the wrong thing, that often upsets people. I hardly take most things seriously, and I have a hard time relating to feelings. I can often come across as uncaring, but it's because I usually have a hard time deciding how to feel or express it. I try my best to keep light-hearted, as I hate seeing others upset (or just having a tense moment in a conversation), which may result in me being rather silly in a convo to try to cheer another person up.
Despite my seemingly obnoxious behavior, I take education very seriously. I can go from joking with my friends, to snapping at them to shut up so I can focus. I always try to aim for the best, and challenge myself. I may complain a lot, but I still try. XD

History:
Welp, I was born in northeast Iowa, and I currently had one half-sister and a half-brother. When I was only in kindergarten, however, my dad died due to lung cancer, and my brother and sister moved in with their dad while my mom and I moved around for a little bit. Eventually, she remarried and we ended up moving towards central Iowa when I was in fourth grade. Then we moved again before 8th grade. Not too long after that, my mom and step dad got divorced. Yeeeeeee... not the greatest history for a person to have, but eh XD On the bright side, when I was in 5th grade, my baby half-brother was born, and I got a new cat. C:

Hopes for the Future:
Well, so far, I'm pretty dead-set on moving to Seattle and pursuing a career in Journalism. I LOOOOVE writing, as you can probably tell. All my favorite classes are English-oriented as well, and I get unusually excited when we get to write essays and papers. I'm hoping to either go to college at Iowa State University, Luther College, Concordia University, or Iowa University. After that, as I said, I want to move to Seattle, as it is my dream city. Though I live in a small town, I prefer cities way more.... And once I move, I'm probs gonna get like, 6 cats and some dogs. Maybe a snake. Snakes are pretty lit.

Interests:

Writing, the French and Norwegian languages, art, world cultures, law, psychology, ecology, history (specifically wars and the medieval time period), and ornithology (the study of birds).

And now for some random facts:
- I'm a bank geek. I play the oboe for concert band, and I'm colorguard for marching. I'm also learning how to play the alto sax.
- I'm also a choir nerd. I'm a Soprano 1, and I'm going to audition for this year's musical, along with the jazz choir.
- Going along with the music theme, my favorite bands/singers are Green Day, Twenty Øne Pilots, Halsey, Melanie Martinez, The Neighborhood, Arctic Monkeys, Panic! at the Disco, Catfish and the Bottlemen, and The 1975... I'm pretty emo tbh. But, above everything, I'm obsessed with Green Day and TØP. d:
- According to Pottermore, I'm a Ravenclaw and a Horned Serpent, and my patronus is a heron.
- My favorite animals are owls, cats, and pretty much every songbird, and also the loon.
- I have a Norwegian flag in my locker. People have the tendency to steal it, tho...
- My favorite food is my grandma's beef stew, while my favorite drink(?) is a lingonberry slushie.
- I've had 10+ indoor cats, once. I only remember a few of their names... The mother's name was Boots, then there was Socks, Bella, Rocky, Sammie, Milo, Star, and Sandy. They're the only names I can remember, since that was back in kindergarten.
- Since then, I've had a basset hound - border collie mix named Lizzie, a yorkie named Howie, two twin cats named Felix and Katie, a fiest terrier named Luna, a German shepherd named Chase, and my current pet, a cat named Shadow.
- MATH IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

Freshkill : 2966

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" Left_bar_bleue9/9Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
Relations:

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"   Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 5:56 am

Do you speak Finnish, Swedish or any of the Nordic languages?? You said it was an interest bit never specified so I thought I'd ask!

You and I are pretty similar Razz in some regards.
I'm a quarter Danish and a quarter French. Meaning my family have a long line history of being Vikings (and fighting one another! -.-) and such!  Heh. I've never been to Denmark. But I'd love to visit there,  Finland and also Sweden as well! I love history especially medieval wars and the knowledge surrounding the Vikings and their encounter's with England and of course France! Ragnar you bae <3 There's so much history and juicy knowledge hidden away there!! So I think we're kind of similar in that regard hehe.

I love the Norse mythologies as well! Aahhhh so good! I'm a little obsessed to be honest haha. Do you love them too??

It's awesome to hear so much juicy facts about you! I love how musically talented you seem also! I'm not sadly haha.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Masquerade

Freshkill : 9731

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" Left_bar_bleue7/9Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" Empty_bar_bleue  (7/9)
Relations: Sootblaze (mate) & Silentsong(adopted son)

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"   Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:47 am

Lol Butterfly, our ancestors might have met! On my moms side my family came from England and we had to move because we were pagan. That or we had to convert to Christianity or die, jeez so mean back then. I don't think I'm a mix of anything fancy besides maybe Irish? My mom never knew her dad so we wouldn't know. It's nice to get to know a little more about you, Val. Seems we are similar in the whole sarcastic way and seen indifferent and uncaring when it comes to situations.
Back to top Go down
http://seekingredemption.forumotion.com/
Valérie
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Valérie

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"   Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 10:07 pm

Well, Scandinavian languages aren't offered at my school; only French and Spanish. I plan on taking French, but if I can convince my mom to pay for it, I'll be taking Norwegian in the next three years. Plus, one of the colleges I'm interested in offers Norwegian, along with a "Norwegian Studies" class - it is in my hometown, after all, so it's no surprised that they're offered. As for Norse Mythology, I LOOOVE it! I even made a project over it, before.
As far as I know, I'm Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, and Italian. My mom's side is a mystery. I just know that my relatives on my dad's side came to America and just went to South Dakota to farm, before moving to Iowa. XD
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" Left_bar_bleue9/9Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
Relations:

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"   Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 2:05 am

Well back in the day the whole of Scandinavia encompassed Denmark, Norway, Sweden and...Finland(?). They were just grouped together. Super interesting stuff!

NORSE MYTHOLOGY. YEE! Another fan! What kind of project? Do tell, do tell!

I love hearing about people's backgrounds. I used to think I was purely English until my grandparents told me about their backgrounds. So, it's really, really interesting.

Oh soo you weren't born over there? So no accent? Damn! Imagine if you had that sweet as accent! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Valérie
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Valérie

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"   Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 5:52 pm

It was a project required for school; sort of like science fair, but it involved all topics. My group wanted to do some form of ancient mythology, and we were originally going to go with Greek. But I suggested Norse because it's lesser known, so we made a presentation based on Norse mythology; of course, we couldn't cover everything, so we just went over the basic Gods, a few of the lesser known, some tales like "Ragnarok", "The Binding of Fenrir", "Why Odin is One-Eyed", and some others. We also went over some of their folklore, like their creatures such as huldra, trolls, nisse, and others. We even dressed as Vikings to go with it, though a bunad would've been preferable. I didn't have any, though. XD
And I was just born in a town with a strong Scandinavian backround in Iowa. Though I wish I was born in Scandinavia; I love the languages, and their accents are just aaAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Relations:

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"   Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Ohhhh really? Ahh, that sounds amazing! I wish I could have seen that!
Being born over there would be remarkable! I agree! I have a friend who has a Swedish accent. He came over to my country 6 years ago!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"   Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie" Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Stuff About the Nerd Behind "Valérie"
Page 1 of 1