Clans of the Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Allegiances
Site Announcments
Welcome to Clans of the Sky! We have officially reopened! Be sure if you are an older member to state this in your bio, all current members we advise you to finish putting up your character bio's so it doesn't cause confusion to our new members. Roleplay is in full bloom! New member's if your confused about anything be sure to shoot one of the staff members a pm! We welcome you and hope you enjoy your stay! Last Updated: October 8th, 2016
Weather
The day's are getting short and morning's have more of a bite to them which means Leaf-fall is here and soon Leaf-bare! Hurry up medicine cats! Make sure you stock up on herbs and plants for leaf-bare, wouldn't want to have a green-cough breakout, now would we?
Latest topics
» The brittle breeze of the cliff.
Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 am by Little

» glitched.
Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 1:50 am by Guest

» Follow In My Paw Steps
Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm by Masquerade

» Town of Glass and Ice
Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 am by Guest

» Origin
Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 12:17 pm by Guest

» Goldenheart from Owlclan.
Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 3:03 pm by Baxter

Affiliating
Static Sites
angels&thieves

Sister Sites

Update 10/4/16 [READ]

Go down 
+4
Butterfly
Nightdragon
Valérie
Masquerade
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Masquerade
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Masquerade

Freshkill : 9722

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Update 10/4/16 [READ] Left_bar_bleue7/9Update 10/4/16 [READ] Empty_bar_bleue  (7/9)
Relations: Sootblaze (mate) & Silentsong(adopted son)

Update 10/4/16 [READ] Empty
PostSubject: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 4:30 pm

An update of what's going on with the site and a few clarifications made as it seem's everyone is confused about something. I hope this help's and explain's stuff!

THREADS:

It was previously stated that you have to ask for a staff members permission to do a private thread with someone. I have talked with Purestar and have come to the conclusion that you don't have to ask for permission rather you just notify anyone from the staff team and they can relay it to the rest of the staff.

Next is that you make sure that you reply to any thread stating [mandatory], even staff! If a thread is a free for all say [open] in the title. If it's just you and another user or just a few member's say [private] in the title and tag those members in your rp post.

ROLEPLAY AREA'S

A few of our clan's are in need of more rp area's if you have any idea's or suggestions be sure to click here! We are also in need of a map, so if you know someone who is good at making maps or you yourself are good at drawing or making maps feel free to make one of our territories. Pm Purestar to check with what the territories look like!

Now previously you had to write 10 sentences for each post, but later turned to 3-5 sentences. I'm going to keep it at besides some minor changes to 5-7 sentences, however member's please do give your input on this. Do you think it would be a good idea that you have to write 10 sentences or should it stay as it is?

Anyone who has a clan leader make sure you go to your profile and go to the tab named "Leader Lives". Fill out the information in there!

Widgets

If you haven't noticed already we have a few new widgets. We have added an Allegiance widget that you can click on one of the five pictures on there and be redirected to the Clan statistic Consensus. On the right side I have updated the staff picture's and made them smaller since they were stretching the board. I'm slowly making my way to adding new picture's to the Clan ranks. Give a big thanks to Nightdragon for the coding of the staff pic's. If you hover over them a description will come up, click them and it will lead you to the staff's profile. Now if your a staff member please fill out the code below!

Code:
[b]What do you want as your description?:[/b]
[b]What is your role on here?:[/b]
[b]What do you do on the site?:[/b]

Members please understand that this site is not finished! Thing's are subject to change and nothing as of right now is 100% finished. Make sure to give Butterfly a big thanks with doing our advertisment Ad's! Any questions post below!
Back to top Go down
http://seekingredemption.forumotion.com/
Valérie
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Valérie

Freshkill : 7096

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Just a quick little question; what type of info should our description have? Maybe an example could help...? c:

As for the sentences, I think 5-7 as a minimum is good. Personally, I'd prefer a 10 sentence minimum, as it usually provides a more detailed post, but I'm fine with just 5-7. :3
Back to top Go down
Nightdragon
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
Nightdragon

Freshkill : 2746

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Valérie wrote:
Just a quick little question; what type of info should our description have? Maybe an example could help...? c:

As for the sentences, I think 5-7 as a minimum is good. Personally, I'd prefer a 10 sentence minimum, as it usually provides a more detailed post, but I'm fine with just 5-7. :3

If I could assist with that first question, basically a description of your role as a staff on the site. What do you do? What is your main focus on the site? What can you be contacted for and for what reasons? those are a few things you can add.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

Freshkill : 2957

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Update 10/4/16 [READ] Left_bar_bleue9/9Update 10/4/16 [READ] Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
Relations:

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 3:43 am

THREADS:
In my personal opinion, staff should be keeping an eye on roleplay threads automatically. Regardless of whether they're private, open, mandatory. In my view, notifying staff about doing a closed thread is going to discourage users from wanting to roleplay in closed/private threads. There's nothing wrong with closed/private threads especially as that's how your character can make friends, become close with family and/or a specific cat. Staff are generally called in for big decisions  or problems and so notifying a staff member seems.. Uncalled for, especially as staff (mostly mods) should be automatically checking them. That's just my view. I respect if that's what you guys really want to do, however.

POSTING COUNTS:
The rules state 5 sentences. Not 3-5? There's a rather large difference between 3 or 5. I personally think 3 is too low. 5 is a good amount. Even then, it's a bit short, but everyone has museless days.

WIDGETS - @Valérie
Like this;; http://image.prntscr.com/image/60227e5306e94a5fb89db45e709eabb2.png
&& http://image.prntscr.com/image/93cd159f132c4c58a78fa90e4d03fbaf.png

Basically.. What you do as a staff member as @Nightdragon said. It's a good idea to have varying staff members responsible for various aspects of the forum. It helps users know who to contact if they have a specific issue. However, naturally Admin's should be able to answer general inquires as well while moderators fixate more so on editing, updating and moderating various forums/boards/categories.
Back to top Go down
Valérie
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Valérie

Freshkill : 7096

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Oh, alright! Thanks for clarifying! C:
-
What do you want as your description?: "Valérie, as an admin, helps maintain and run the site. She keeps the information up-to-date, and if there's any mistakes, fix them as quickly as possible. Her role also comprises of enforcing the rules and making sure the members of this site follow them. Be sure to contact her if you see any mistakes or inconsistencies, or if you have any questions regarding the site!" (Feel free to make any changes if it's too long, or if anything else should be changed.)
What is your role on here?: Admin
What do you do on the site?: Mostly what I said in the description - Assist in maintaining and running the site, keeping it updated, enforcing rules, along with basically working on whatever needs to be worked on.
-
If you see anything I should add, please suggest it! It'd help a lot! ^^
Back to top Go down
Purestar
Site Owner
Site Owner
Purestar

Freshkill : 8346

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Update 10/4/16 [READ] Left_bar_bleue6/9Update 10/4/16 [READ] Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)
Relations: Quickpaw, Jump-paw(kits)--Bluefrost, Hollowsoul, Emberflame(closest friends/senior warriors)

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Honestly, I like the amount we just placed, it pushes people to be more descriptive and inventive while not overstepping(like thinking of those who just aren't having a good muse days, we all have those days, remember).
I like this, we're having some good, calm discussions. It's intriguing, and enpowering to see some great insight while members are adding in crucial feedback.

I'll do my thing in a moment, I just wanted to come on and check things real quick, dealing with some health problem so I'll do that in a tiny bit, alright Masque?
Back to top Go down
https://cotsv2.forumotion.com/
Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Shadow

Freshkill : 9678

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Update 10/4/16 [READ] Left_bar_bleue9/9Update 10/4/16 [READ] Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
Relations: AmberStar

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:40 pm

(If you have a leader, it will be helpful to state it too.)

What do you want as your description?:Shadow is the global moderator of the site. She keeps the site maintained and helps enfource the rules to keep it running smoothly. Unlike the moderator, she moderates the whole forum. If there is ever a problem regarding users, threads, or any questions, contact Shadow. She also roleplays Amberstar, the leader of HawkClan. If there are any questions or updates regarding the clan, please ask or send a pm!
What is your role on here?: Global Moderator
What do you do on the site?: I moderate posts and the chatbox to make sure everyone is following the site rules. I also help the admins with tasks and keep the forum updated (allegiances included).
Back to top Go down
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Frost

Freshkill : 6626

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 7:22 pm

What do you want as your description?: Frost is a Global mod, she answers any questions asked to the best of her ability and is always down to party. She's not on the chatbox a lot but if she's on and you want to talk about something or ask a question shoot a pm her way.
What is your role on here?: Global Mod
What do you do on the site?: I help with odd jobs and make sure that the rules are being followed.

I believe 5-7 sentences is good. If you can do more you should, but in some instances 5 sentences are really all you need. Fluff and filler is nice but in the middle of a fight or something ten sentences can be a nightmare, especially if you're low on muse.
Back to top Go down
Masquerade
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Masquerade

Freshkill : 9722

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Update 10/4/16 [READ] Left_bar_bleue7/9Update 10/4/16 [READ] Empty_bar_bleue  (7/9)
Relations: Sootblaze (mate) & Silentsong(adopted son)

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 9:20 am

Alright so I believe we are ready to open up! What do you guy's say? I have updated the Staff descriptions, posted picture's up (besides the clan dens), updated our advertising widget, along with Valerie updating the Clan statistics with the Clan's personalities. Anything else anybody wants's to mention?
Back to top Go down
http://seekingredemption.forumotion.com/
Nightdragon
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
Nightdragon

Freshkill : 2746

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 9:42 am

I would recommend shortening the staff's information on the widget as it flies off the photos. Just a short summary of what they wrote would be good.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Shadow

Freshkill : 9678

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Relations: AmberStar

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 2:30 pm

I think we are ready to go advertise! :3 Are you planning to add the description for the clan cats located on the right side of the forum?
Back to top Go down
Purestar
Site Owner
Site Owner
Purestar

Freshkill : 8346

Leader Stats
Leader Lives:
Update 10/4/16 [READ] Left_bar_bleue6/9Update 10/4/16 [READ] Empty_bar_bleue  (6/9)
Relations: Quickpaw, Jump-paw(kits)--Bluefrost, Hollowsoul, Emberflame(closest friends/senior warriors)

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 9:45 am

What do you want as your description?: Purestar, as Owner of the site and Head Administrator, is very responsive to anybody's questions, so be free to ask her anything! She's very active in the chatbox, so if she's online be free to join her!

What is your role on here?: Owner and Head Administrator

What do you do on the site?: I manage every thread, approve bios, answer questions, manage site construction, and monitor the staff and member's.
Back to top Go down
https://cotsv2.forumotion.com/
Baxter
Adminstrator
Adminstrator
Baxter

Freshkill : 8072

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:07 pm

i like whats been going on! Sorry i disappeared XD i had my own problems i had to take care of and school was really stressing me out. As for the 5-7 sentences i agree,10 still seems like way to much you have to do,so i like this plan better. as for my decription in the widget i like it as it is but im gonna do the thingy anyway

What do you want as your description?:The Co founder of the site next to Purestar and Masquerade,they handle the widgets and keeps everything up to date. Have a question on how anything works in the site? Pm them or find them in the chat box.
What is your role on here?:Co-owner and Adminstator
What do you do on the site?:Fills in for Purestar whenever she's not around,approve bios,manage every thread,answer questions,and monitor staff and members
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update 10/4/16 [READ]   Update 10/4/16 [READ] Empty

Back to top Go down

Update 10/4/16 [READ]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clans of the Sky :: Home, Sweet, Home :: Announcments-
Jump to: